By Jean Sumner
We have all heard that we need to eat a variety of colored fruits and vegetables. But did you know that foods of different colors offer many different nutritional benefits and they also produce energy with healing properties?
Red foods activate the sympathetic nervous system which gives us a quick addition of energy. They are beneficial in treating anemia, colds, low blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, weakness and depression.
Red foods include:
- cayenne, cherries, cranberries, dulse, radishes, raspberries, red apples, red cabbage, red currants, red peppers, red plums, rhubarb, strawberries and watermelon.
Orange foods include:
- almonds, apricots, cantaloupe, carrots, coriander, cumin, ginger, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, paprika, peaches, persimmons, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, tangerines, walnuts, and winter squash.
Yellow foods stimulate the nervous system. They help heal allergies, arthritis, asthma, constipation, coughs, depression, diabetes, eczema, gallstones, gas, hiatal hernia, hypothyroidism, indigestion, lymphatic congestion, motion sickness, obesity, depression, fear, tension and mental exhaustion.
Sources of yellow foods include:
- anise seeds, bananas, chamomile, cinnamon, corn, dill, evening primrose flowers, golden apples, grapefruit, lemons, lemongrass, marigold flowers, nuts, parsnips, pineapple, saffron, whole grains, yams, yellow peppers and yellow squash.
Green foods promote renewal and reduce inflammation. Green foods are beneficial in managing anger, memory lapses, paranoia, nervous exhaustion, backaches, heart trouble, immune disorders, lupus, allergies, head colds, shock trauma, and high blood pressure.
Green foods include:
- alfalfa, asparagus, avocados, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, celery, chives, comfrey, cucumbers, green grapes, kiwi, leafy green vegetables lettuce, limes, mint, nettles, okra, oregano, parsley, peas, rosemary, string beans, tarragon, wheatgrass and zucchini.
Blue foods encourage the brain to release tranquilizing chemicals which minimize pain and suffering. They help with high blood pressure, high pulse rate, excessive brain wave activity, menstrual cramps, fever, sore throat, ear infection, toothaches, bee stings, hyperthyroidism, colic, burns itches, and rashes.
Blue foods include:
- blue corn, blue grapes, blue potatoes, blueberries, borage flowers, catnip, chicory flowers, hyssop, juniper berries, kelp, and pansy flowers.
Indigo foods include:
- blackberries, black cherries, currants, black olives, boysenberries, plums, prunes, raisins, tamari, vanilla beans, violet flowers and black beans.
Violet foods create a soothing feeling, they have a narcotic effect. They are also cleansing. Violet foods help with migraines, epilepsy, parasites, dandruff, baldness, mental conditions, and the side effects of chemotherapy.
- amaranth, basil flowers, dulse, elderberries, lavender, marjoram mint flowers, mulberries, passionflower, passion fruit, purple cabbage, purple grapes, purple onions, purple plums, rosemary flowers, sage flowers, and thyme flowers.
Color can dictate how we feel even the color of our food. Keep this report handy and test it out!
FREE Healthy Living Tips, Recipes & More