1 medium organic bell pepper, chopped
1 large organic onion, chopped
2 cloves organic garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can (14 oz.) organic Eden black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14 oz.) organic Eden pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 package (10 oz.) frozen organic corn, thawed
2 large tomatoes crushed (use blender or food processor)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
12 organic corn tortillas
1 cup grated organic cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté bell pepper, onion and garlic for five minutes.
3. Add beans, corn, tomatoes and seasonings. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Assemble casserole in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
5. Cover bottom with one-third of bean mixture.
6. Layer six tortillas on top of beans. Repeat once more, ending with bean mixture on top.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
Makes 8 servings. Per serving: 320 calories, 7 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 g carbohydrates, 15 g protein, 11 g dietary fiber, 677 mg sodium